Fencing association En Garde is immediately looking for a fencing teacher at level 3 or 4.
En Garde is a young fusion club, born from the fencing associations PSV and Courage. The association has branches in Veldhoven and Eindhoven. The association currently has around 65 members and is growing. We are looking for a maître, who can give all classes on Mondays.
We fence two evenings a week, on Monday in Veldhoven and on Thursday in Eindhoven. The training times are currently on Monday between 6 pm and 9:30 pm. In addition to the lessons, the supervision of competition fencers and maîtres in training is one of the tasks of the maîtres. Of the total number of members, 2/3 is youth. The adult members fend on all three weapons. The youth members start in Eindhoven with sabre, in Veldhoven with foil. In the school holidays there are no training sessions. The association currently has three maîtres – Vic Hartog (level 4), Maryam Yazdani (level 4) and Adrian Skiba (level 3). These maîtres teach on Thursdays. In addition, there is an assistant maître – Emma van Rijnswou – who follows the level 2 course. She teaches under supervision on Mondays to the youth group.
We are looking for a maître, who can give all classes on Mondays. If there is the possibility to (in time) also give lessons on Thursday, that is very much appreciated. As a level at least 3 is requested, but given the young fusion association, a head maître with level 4 would be very nice.
We are looking for:
• A coach (woman/man) with a diploma fencing teacher at level 4, possibly at level 3 with the willingness to continue training to level 4.
• Someone who is willing to be available at least one evening a week (at least 3 hours) and where necessary two evenings a/week – all this in good consultation.
• You must be prepared to be available for one or two Saturdays or Sundays per month for guidance/coaching of competition fencers.
• In general, you have the interest of the association in mind and you also carry this out both inside and outside the association.
• You have a first aid diploma or are willing to obtain it. You also have a VOG.
• You are additionally insured as a coach through a membership of NLCoach or a similar scheme.
• You have a driving license B and preferably have your own transport.
The fee for the training per hour is determined in mutual consultation, for the travel costs we assume 19 eurocents per kilometer, If you are interested, please send your CV and a letter with your motivation to the secretary of the association Luuk Hammecher (firstname.lastname@example.org). If we think you are an addition to our team, a conversation follows and we ask you to participate in the lessons for an evening, so that we can see if there is a good ‘click’ with the fencers and other trainers.